- Rats may be returned with a full refund within a week of adoption (in case of sudden allergy, rat fighting, illness, or for some reason things just do not work out.)
- Waiting list/Holding fees are NON-REFUNDABLE...meaning if you change your mind you DO NOT get your money back. You are only refunded if your pups were to die before adoption.
- If I have not heard from you in 90 days you will be removed from the waiting list. (This means, if I have written to you and you fail to respond, I am going to assume you are no longer interested). I'd like to keep an accurate waiting list so potential adopters can be aware of their place in line. Thank you for understanding.
- I make no claims to breed perfect rats with 100% health. Nothing can be 100% free of sickness, or proven to be free of sickness. Something can always pop up. I strive to produce rats that are healthy, but I cannot promise this. A lot of myco problems can be traced to environmental issues too, not just genetics. Your rat could be stressed, something in the air could be bothering it, dusty bedding can aggravate their nose...there's just a bunch of factors that could lead to a sneezy rat that are not even my fault. Please be aware of this. I try my best to breed the best of the best, but I do not have a PhD in genetics and things can go wrong. Which is why it is so important to let me know if your rat starts showing signs of illness, develops tumors, become aggressive, or gets megacolon (which I hope NEVER happens).
- I know a lot of breeders can be very strict and intimidating with their requirements for adoption. Sometimes they demand ownership of an accidental litter or forbid you to sell your rat to someone. I understand that they want to ensure their rats and lines are safe, but it is unrealistic to demand such things. Once you have purchased a rat, that rat is legally and rightfully yours to do with as you like (of course animal neglect is punishable by the law). I cannot tell you what to do with your rat once it leaves me. I highly encourage you to return rats to me if you cannot keep them...but I cannot force this upon you. If you have an accidental litter, I strongly recommend doing lots of research and finding loving homes. You can always send me questions. But I will never try to "take back" your rats or litters. If it is found out you are not providing adequate care, that is when I will require rats to be returned.
- PLEASE contact me with any concerns. I am not a scary person. I am here to help make sure your rats are healthy and happy. If for any reason you are concerned about something, just message me. As I am sure we have all learned: "The only dumb question is the one not asked" and this is certainly true! If I was worried about being bothered 24/7, I would have never started breeding. I am here for the duration of your rat's life, and beyond if need be. I owe it to these rats that I produce to ensure they receive the best care, and that you as the adopter know how to provide that.